Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interlink Express!!!

5 posters

Go down

Interlink Express!!! Empty Interlink Express!!!

Post  burrell1 Tue 10 Dec 2013, 7:28 pm

I have spent all day waiting for my next Foden kit to arrive. I got a text yesterday from Interlink Express telling me that they would be delivering my kit today. When I did not get a text from them this morning to tell me a delivery time I telephoned my local office. (20 mile away) They told me that the driver was still loading his van and when he left the Dept I would get a text. Having not received a text by lunch time I again telephoned Interlink Express to be told that the parcel would arrive between 5.30pm to 6.30pm. I sat watching the front door until after 6.30pm but no parcel arrived and no message from Interlink Express. Remembering what happened to my cylinder block I am now worried about what has happened to this kit. At 8.30am tomorrow I will have to start telephoning Interlink Express again and looking forward to the prospect of another wasted day sitting at home next to the front door waiting for a kit which may not arrive. What do we have to do? Do I have to drive to Daventry to collect all my kits. (A round journey of 290 miles) I just hope that my kit arrives tomorrow and is undamaged.

Bill

burrell1

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Interlink Express!!! Empty Re: Interlink Express!!!

Post  Robfishman Tue 10 Dec 2013, 7:53 pm

Sorry to see you are having trouble Bill hope it arrives safely. There was a time I could call the depo when I got the text and they would hold it for me to collect now though they have to try and deliver and leave a card for me to then arrange to go and collect seems a waste of their drivers time but there we go.

With my last kit I was home and the depo manager deliveted it in his car as it was heavy. I am lucky that they are in the village so not more than 2 miles from me. It's a shame they don't all offer the same level of service, and hope they improve for you.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Interlink Express!!! Empty Interlink deliveries

Post  Steve Traill Tue 10 Dec 2013, 10:20 pm

Having had a few STW deliveries over the years I arranged with Interlink to put all parcels in a secure location with out a signature, they were very helpful and have had no problems at all.
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Brown Tue 10 Dec 2013, 10:37 pm

I would suggest (as someone who sends out quite a few parcels on a daily basis) that cylinder block aside, your issue is more down to the seasonal fluctuations in service from the courier firms

This time of year despite sending out possibly as much as 50% less a week we are seeing a marked increase in problems. Last friday two separate orders got destroyed at the regional hub. When a box contains 4 tins and 1 leaks the whole thing is thrown in the skip ('Health & Safety'! )

There are a lot more consignments flying about (quite literally!!) at present so services are for us down from their usual 'Acceptable/Poor' setting to 'Abysmal'

I wouldn't worry too much though I'm aware how frustrating it is

Adam Brown

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  IanL Wed 11 Dec 2013, 9:37 am

Bill,

I can understand your frustration but personally Interlnk have been excellent with my deliveries, text with time and delivery when they say, or if I cannot be there i text back to say leave with neighbour. I have never had an issue with them. Which I cannot say about most of the other delivery companies City Link being the most annoying, they try once without notice leave card saying they will try tomorrow unless they hear from you , then return item to sender. At end of a week. It is problem when you are not expecting something, and away from home for a couple of weeks. So Interlink get my vote for being one of the better ones.

Ian
IanL
IanL

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down