Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Lathe

2 posters

Go down

Small Lathe Empty Small Lathe

Post  hudmut Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

Sige C1 metal lathe ex display machine I picked up not working to convert to cnc after sending it thought the band saw but iv gone bigger now down side some chipped paint but no wear because it's new.

Iv fitted a brand new controller board striped the head regressed as well as fitted a proper oil seal on the spindle.

Comes with both sets of jaws original tool kit and all the help you would need to use it.

Open to offers on the price but around £250 would be nice and there is no rush for the cash if you are hankering after it i under stand its just after xmas im happy to wait till pay day.

Will come very hand on any build just for doing a proper job when chopping bolts down to length (a hack saw is just rough) or machining all the letters of the heads of them and doming your cylinder studs never mind polishing you rods and levers followed by making new stainless bits that wont rust. Am i tempting you yet ?

I can ship it out but ill have to break it down in to a few bits for about £20.00 but you can pick it up and have a look at my enigne as well if you please and pick faults...

Small Lathe Photo_10
hudmut
hudmut

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/hudmut/My%20little%20se

Back to top Go down

Small Lathe Empty Re: Small Lathe

Post  Richard Thu 03 Jan 2013, 10:06 pm

hi
im interested in your lathe could you tell me how big the chuck holds and how big the the gootprint is richard
Richard
Richard

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Small Lathe Empty Re: Small Lathe

Post  hudmut Fri 04 Jan 2013, 10:51 am

Hello Richard

You could get out to a 70mm job with the reverse jaws fitted but the spindle bore is tiny at about 12mm as for the foot print its 600x300

Hope this helps
hudmut
hudmut

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/hudmut/My%20little%20se

Back to top Go down

Small Lathe Empty lathe

Post  Richard Fri 04 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

hi yes i have it thanks richard
Richard
Richard