Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South"

4 posters

Go down

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Empty Voller Organs present "Pride of the South"

Post  highpressure Sat 17 Nov 2012, 1:42 pm

After what feels like an enternity in the workshop I have almost finished the showmans miniature organ. This is the full spec all bar a few bits needed to finish off such as a few cosmetic bits, the snare beater mechanism which is on the bench and awaiting a couple of bits to complete. I hope to add a glockenspiel also and the wiring is there in readiness but trials with the unit borrowed from one of the other organs proved unsucessful so I need to fabricate a whole new mechanism which will take up more time and will be done over the next few weeks.

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Showma10

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Showma11

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Showma12

As you can see from the pictures I have tried to achieve a small trailer in keeping with the traditional style. This one has three melody ranks, two stopped bourdons one open flutes, two ranks on the counter melody, stopped bourdons and open flutes, the accompaniment rank has been doubled up as well as the bass rank totalling 134 pipes. There is a small snare fitted with pneumatic action and I am pretty confident the glock wont be a problem. It runs on an SD midi system menaing 1000's of tunes can be stored on a single card and music can be purchased with no fuss over the internet. It runs entirely on 12v for the blower and control and has a 42aH sealed lead acid battery with overnight autocharger which will run all day with no problems.

I intend to make a range of three versions of this using this as the template, the basic unit will simply have a single rank of all pipes for £3500, the middle one will have twin pipes on all ranks plus snare for £4750, and the top of the range one will have the spec as above including glock for £6000. All will be wired in readiness for the top spec so if someone has a basic one it will be simple to upgrade at a later date. I have considered using the smaller scale but to be honest its not worth it, both scales use the same control board and the addition of the 14 counter melody section adds a lot more colour to the music so it may as well be included at the outset. All will be in this size a style of trailer to help keep my sanity, but colour and graphics can be specified to suit.

I am ready to take an order for the new season and would be able to deliver by March without too much trouble, currently the aerial trade is on its arse since the digital switch over so I need to find an income somehow and that the reason I have been able to complete this one up to now.

This one although being made as a demonstrator is for sale, without the case, I would make new one for the sale as this has just been signwritten and I would alter just a couple of things to improve further. If anyone wants more info drop me a line at vollerorgans@gmail.com There will be a video of it shortly and if anyone is going to the Portsmouth Docks on 1 -2 December it will be playing there.

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Empty Re: Voller Organs present "Pride of the South"

Post  IanL Sat 17 Nov 2012, 2:48 pm

Kev,

I am amazed by the results and really looking forward to hearing it. Hopefully in person

Ian
IanL
IanL

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Empty Re: Voller Organs present "Pride of the South"

Post  highpressure Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:00 pm

Here's a video of it playing but it doesnt do it justice as the volume is such and the camera such that it cant pick it up the same as real life.

Tools are poised ready for the orders...... Very Happy You can have one just like this ready for the season openers
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony King Wed 21 Nov 2012, 5:49 pm

Kev, I hope you get lots of orders, truely lovely piece of kit.
If there is a change in my circumstances, I'll be placing an order for one!!
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  mikero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:47 pm

Stunning Kev, what are the overall dimensions?

Mike
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Thu 22 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

It is 100 cm high, 125 cm long and 55cm wide, on pneumatic tyres and has steering, easy to move about and goes through all doors without issue, I might alter these just slightly by 10 cm or so in height but that it likely to be the final size.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Voller Organs present "Pride of the South" Empty Pride of the South is finished at last....

Post  highpressure Sat 22 Jun 2013, 11:19 am

Having been fortunate enough to meet and speak to another organ owner recently he allowed me to have a look at his newly finished 65 note instrument which gave me access to some areas before they were encased. I finally discovered the solenoids for the ideal glock mechanism so I have spent the last few weeks making one. It meant I had to get inside the windchest to upgrade the control board so I also took the opportunity to fit a control signal for an animated conductor I have wanted to fit for some time.

This is the result which for me sounds great as it adds another dimension to the music. I will have this on show at Banbury, if you like organ music come and enjoy Very Happy If you don't we'll come and find your van and play it right outside.....ShockedLaughingLaughing

highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony King Sun 23 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

Kev, that really is fantastic, you certainly are becoming an expert in this field!!
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  mikero Sun 23 Jun 2013, 1:40 pm

Stunning Kev, just one question whose face are you going to paint on the little man?

Mike:D
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Sun 23 Jun 2013, 2:59 pm

He's going to be known as Howard as I play in the local concert band and he's the conductor there and is leaving after 18 years service this summer so I will get some pleasure thinking of him and our band.

I have to say as I have said before it would give me a great deal of pleasure to be able to make these frequently enough to make a living from it, I'm getting too old to keep climbing roofs especially in the winter and I love making inert flat pieces of wood sing!! But the market isn't there at this time, although I'm given to understand that one of the current makers is slowing down and doing less so eventually there may be a place to fill.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down