Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

+10
Tony King
chop
Robfishman
Vapor
Kevster
Graeme81
craig@STW
highpressure
Steam Traction World
lynnr
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Empty What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

Post  lynnr Thu 19 Jan 2012, 10:01 am

Hi STW

Just interested in what kit will be next for the SRL/RL. Is it 23 Drive gears, winch and Diff?
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Empty Re: What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

Hi Lynn

The next DCC kit will be number 23. It will contain the massive final drive gear and all the differential gears. Despatch will hopefully be next week. I seem to remember someone asking about the flywheel. Probably Kevin? There has been another delay with the casting and the best information I have is that we should receive them at the end of March. However I have had two previous dates promised that have both been and gone!

The kit after 23 is likely to be kit 27 which will contain a load of steam fittings, including the simpling valve. More details nearer the time. I'm working on a contingency plan just in case the delivery of the flywheels etc slips again.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Empty Re: What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit)

Post  highpressure Thu 19 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Hi Steve,

Yes it was me asking about flywheels. No issue with contingency plans they can arrive in any order so long as they arent late!! Smile Although the engine looks cosmetically correct I still need to do a lot of "final assembly" on a number of kits which I expect to do in a one big hit the final week before the safety valve arrives, Like I say as long as they arrive for May then were all happy campers...... Very Happy Wont have to miss any events then.... Very Happy

( I do have my fingers crossed Cool Cool )

I still need to sort out the studs for the main bearings, once I have fitted the crank for the final time I shall probably give you a call to see what I need to do. The ones I have are too short, when fully home there is not enough thread for the nuts.

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:42 pm

just to confirm. this is the kit we are concentrating on now. the gears were subbed out and came in with the others from last months kit. we have been busy making bushed, keys, pins etc. mostly turned parts on the lathes. still a bit to do but we are getting there.

sorry, forgot photos today Embarassed I'll get some tomorrow Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Mon 23 Jan 2012, 10:22 am

craig@STW wrote:just to confirm. this is the kit we are concentrating on now. the gears were subbed out and came in with the others from last months kit. we have been busy making bushed, keys, pins etc. mostly turned parts on the lathes. still a bit to do but we are getting there.

sorry, forgot photos today Embarassed I'll get some tomorrow Cool

Photos?
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Mon 23 Jan 2012, 5:32 pm

yeah sorry, been busy. got to do some pics tomorrow for something else so I'll get some then. most of it is packed up already Neutral
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:55 pm

just a few pics of the control model going together. we have one tolerance issue to sort but its nearly done...

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Jan002001

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Jan002005

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Jan002006

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Jan002008
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Graeme81 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 1:01 am

where is the like button!
Graeme81
Graeme81

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevster Thu 26 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

All looking very good indeed

Kev
Kevster
Kevster

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

We're hoping to ship this kit about Wednesday of next week as long as we don't come across any more issues. It's been a pig to say the least........and I for one will be glad when it's shipped.

Hopefully you will all be pleased with the end result.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

yep, got a few bits to adjust.

hopefully it won't take too long

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Jan003008-1
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

Hey Craig, Did kit 23 go out on Friday??

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:33 pm

nope, still sorting out the gears.

it will be very soon
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

Hi Craig,

Any news on an expected date to send this?? I know Isobel had been tentatively saying last Thursday or Friday but clearly there have been more issues to finish the gears off.

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:08 pm

Hi Kev,

Should go tomorrow. cheers

Cheers

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:13 pm

just to confirm... we did send out the first batch of this kit today cheers cheers
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:30 pm

Hi Craig,

Good news, do you happen to know if I am on the "first batch" as I am one of those who pays immeadiately the kit arrives Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:53 pm

highpressure wrote:Hi Craig,

Good news, do you happen to know if I am on the "first batch" as I am one of those who pays immeadiately the kit arrives Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers Kev.

The vultures are circling Twisted Evil
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:03 pm

not 100% sure, but "the first batch" usually consists of everyone who is up to date on the monthly kits. some people have theirs a bit later or are running any number of kits behind (known as the running behinds).

all the machining is now done so I'm assuming that mike has sent out a complete "first batch".

if you really need to know i would suggest a quick call to Isobel Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 08 Feb 2012, 6:37 pm

By the time I call her tomorrow Grandad, which is who takes delivery of the kits will no doubt have already had a hernia!! What a Face What a Face

I shall be able to peruse it in the evening and hopefully take a look at it over the weekend, if it hasnt been sent to me there's not much I can do about it!! But it will eventually be sent I know. At least we can finally put the back wheels on without them scraping on the brake shoes!!!
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

Dang!

Must be back to 2 days delivery to the Far North. Unless I was not dispatched a kit?
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Fri 10 Feb 2012, 8:46 am

lynnr wrote:Dang!

Must be back to 2 days delivery to the Far North. Unless I was not dispatched a kit?

The vultures are circling lol! lol!
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:15 am

highpressure wrote:
lynnr wrote:Dang!

The vultures are circling lol! lol!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol! lol! lol!

I do often have issues with the delivery company. Dec 10 Christmas kit sat in Inverness depot for 3 weeks before Isabel managed to get it finally delivered. So we keep an eye on dispatch times.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Tue 14 Feb 2012, 5:52 pm

a sneaky look at the next kit... the winding drum casting...

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Foden6feb011

What will it be? (next showmans/road loco kit) Foden6feb012
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

Hey Craig,

Thats looking good, we seem to be slightly out of kilter with the kits now?? Kit 23 says it should be the drive AND winch which it obviously wasnt and kit 24 says its the gear guards, gear change and fly wheel. Has there been a slight alteration due to the excessive extra work for the last kit? If so will some kits be combined to get the bits from one outstanding all out?

Cheers Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next